Things

Things
Helerem Jewelry / Helerem Joyas

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pendant "The swift sailing"

This pendan was created as part of the course I was taken, was the design I choose for the chase practices.

I think is a simple design a mast cross by different size silver wire, every chase are 90 degree I mean, any complication, I have to be focus on technique and do it well. Again all my energy is focus on technique and listening the teacher, no matter the design, as happen with other pieces on my collection. In this way the pendant is made by itself during the accomplish goals.

The three chase was well done and finally took time for draw the design, I took the pencil and the paper and try to maintain me focus drawing lines and then the swift sailing was there. The sails tense because of the wind blow, that tens sails which impulse our lives forward. That´s the way I began to make the small sails and then I had to confront the challenge of soldering all pieces in its finally position. Some sails in one position, some in other, remembered me the different ways of our route and the times we have to stop or change our paths in live. I had to face the torch, the soldering process and the flame in order to accomplish the challenge and fix permanently the sails.

Finally, all sails were in the correct place, then I had thinking in adorn the piece and accomplish the new challenge to learn how to made a besel and put the stone in place, this beautifull obsidian stone.



When I finished, I felt proud of me looking the piece, !it was really beautiful !, much than it looks on paper.

Now the piece are far far away in somebody else hands, she is enjoying it and I hope the wind blow over the sails make the right impulse to her live and taken her directly to accomplish her dreams.

Hg.

No comments:

Post a Comment